When he was 11 years old, Jaiswal ran away from his home in Uttar Pradesh to Mumbai. The condition back home was not good, but the young star had a passion for playing cricket, so he pursued it. He had to practice and play cricket during the day, and in the evening, he would sell Pani Puri and sleep under a tent at night. After five years, he managed to secure a place in the U19 India team. Later on, he was bought by Rajasthan Royals for 2.4 crores. Below is more about his cricket career.
- Name: Yashasvi Bhupendra Kumar Jaiswal
- Age: 19 years
- Place of birth: Suriya, Uttar Pradesh
- Role: Opening batsman
- Height: 1.80 m
- Bowling style: legbreak
- Batting style: Left-hand bat
- Date of birth: 28th December 2001
- Teams: Mumbai, Rajasthan Royals, India U19. India A U19, India Under-23, India B
Batting and bowling stats
- In IPL, Jaiswal has played 7 matches in 7 innings scoring 155 runs and 130 BFs. He has hit 17 fours with a strike rate of 119.23, and an average of 22.14.
- For T20s, he has a record of 11 played games in 11 innings with 209 runs and 174 BFs. His strike rate is at 120.11, with an average of 19.00.
- In List A games, he has played 21 matches in 21 innings scoring 987 runs. He has managed to bag 4 fifties, 3 hundreds, and his strike rate is 85.82 with an average of 51.94.
- Jaiswal has played 21 matches and 10 innings for List A, He has also managed to take 7 wickets, with an economy of 5.15 and an average of 30.57.
- For T20s, he has only played 11 matches and 1 inning where he scored 7 runs. He did not get any wickets, his economy is 7.00, and he does not have an average yet.
In 2019, he made his first-class debut for Mumbai against Chhattisgarh, and it was during the Ranji Trophy. In 2019, he played the Vijay Hazare Trophy, where he did pretty well by recording 17 fours and 12 sixes. At this time, he became the world’s youngest List A scorer with a double century.
After an exceptional performance at the age-groups and domestic level, Jaiswal got a chance to be included in the list of 2020 IPL auctions. At some point, he almost lost hope, but Rajasthan Royals picked him for 2.4 crores.
- Jaiswal is the youngest player worldwide to score a List A double century.
- He is also the highest run-scorer with 318 runs and was crowned player of the tournament at the ACC Under 19 Asia Cup.
Jaiswal may be the youngest cricket player in the world, but that doesn’t stop him from performing well, sometimes better than his teammates. With his skill level and expertise, we can only wait to see how far he will go, and the amazing performances he will make in the coming games. Stay tuned here for more exciting news on Jaiswal.