Rohit Sharma has grown from a young talented Indian cricket player to the legend he is today. He is a pleasing ‘hitman’ when it comes to striking the ball, and as for now, he is the existing vice-captain of the Indian Cricket Team. He has had many cricket journeys where he has been in and out, but lately, he has been consistent, an excellent foundation for his career. Here we will focus on the critical things about Rohit Sharma to get more details about him.
Basic information About Rohit Sharma
||Rohit Gurunath Sharma
||Bansod, Nagpur, Maharashtra
||Right-handed off the breaker
||April 30, 1987
||173cm (1.73m, 5’8’’)
||175 Crores ($25 million)
||India, India A, India Blue, Indian Board President’s XI, India Green, India Red, West Zone, Mumbai Indians, Deccan Chargers, India Under-19, Mumbai, Sunrisers Hyderabad, ARCS Andheri, Indians
Rohit Sharma Cricket Batting Stats:
Rohit Sharma is popular with his aggressive batting. Over the years, he has been making excellent batting scores in various tournaments.
- ODIs: Rohit Sharma has played 227 games in the ODIs. He has 9205 runs and a high score of 264 in 220 runs. His number of Not Outs is 32, while the average is 48.96 and a strike rate of 88.90.
- Tests: In 43 matches, Rohit Sharma has been in 74 innings where he has made 3047 runs with a high score of 324. His number of Not Outs is 9, while his average is 46.87 and a strike rate of 55.47.
- T20Is: For the T20Is, Rohit has played in 1111 matches. His average is 32.54, and in 103 innings, he has made 2864 runs and a high score of 118. Rohit has 15 Not Outs and a strike rate of 138.96.
- T20s: Rohit has played in 350 matches for the T20 wherein 337 innings, and he has made 9315 runs and a high score of 118. His average is 32.12 and 47 Not Outs. Rohit’s strike rate is 133.43.
Rohit Sharma Cricket Bowling Stats:
Rohit Sharma, the right-arm off the breaker, likes to take charge of the bowler.
- ODIs: Rohit has bowled in 38 innings where he has had 98.5 overs and conceded 515 runs. He has made 2 maidens with his best innings bowled 2/27, which was against West Indies. Rohit has smashed 8 wickets in the ODI.
- Tests: In 16 innings, Rohit has bowled in; he has a record of 63.5 overs with 224 runs conceded and 2 wickets. He has made 5 maidens and his best innings bowled is 1/26 against England.
- T20I: In 9 innings, Rohit has 113 runs, 11.2 overs bowled, and one wicket. His best innings bowled is 1/22, which was against Sri Lanka. His average is 113.00.
- IPL: Rohit has bowled in 31 innings in the IPL, where he has 56.2 overs with 449 runs and 15 wickets. His best innings bowled are 4/6, which was against Mumbai Indians.
Rohit joined a cricket camp at 12 years old. Dinesh Lad witnessed his excellent cricketing abilities and helped him get a scholarship at Swami Vivekanand International School. Since he was a kid, Rohit liked cricket, and today he has done remarkable things throughout his career.
Rohit made his Test debut on November 06, 2013, against West Indies at Eden Gardens. He scored 177, which was the second-highest score debut by an Indian to Shikhar Dhawan.
His last IPL match was on September 02, 2021, against England at Kennington Oval. He made 11 runs and had a strike rate of 40.74.
His ODI debut was on June 23, 2007, against Ireland at Civil Service Club. He was in the seventh position in the batting order but did not bat as India won the game by 9 wickets.
Rohit’s last ODI match was on March 20, 2021, against England at Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium. He scored 37 runs and a strike rate of 100.00.
Rohit made his T20 debut on September 19, 2007, against England at Kingsmead. He made his mark by scoring an unbeaten 50 from 40 deliveries against South Africa, who were the hosts. This led India to win the game by 37 runs.
Rohit made his debut on April 20, 2008, against Kolkata Knight Riders at Eden Gardens. He has been among the most excellent players in the IPL editions as captain.
He played his last IPL on May 04, 2021, against Sunrisers Hyderabad at Arun Jaitley Stadium.
- Rohit is the only batter in the world to hit three double centuries in ODI cricket.
- He has the highest record for the most runs by a batter in a single inning of ODI cricket, 264, against Sri Lanka.
- In the 2019 World Cup, Rohit showed a great result as he struck as many as 5 centuries and became the first man to give such results in the history of this tournament.
- Rohit recorded his first-class debut for India A in 2009 at the age of 19.
- He led Mumbai Indians to win the Ranji Trophy for Mumbai Indians in 2006.
- He was appointed the captain of Mumbai Indians in 2013.
- He captained Mumbai Indians into winning the first, second, third, and fourth IPL editions.
- He became the 3rd Indian batsman to get the ICC Golden Bat Award at ICC ODI World Cup 2019.
- Rohit was awarded the ‘Arjuna Award’ in 2015.
- He got the Golden Bat for registering the most runs in ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.
- He was honored with the highest sports honor of the country, the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award, in 2020.
Notable Charity Work
Apart from playing cricket, Rohit Sharma has been engaging in social welfare. He donated a generous amount of money, around INR 80 lakhs – INR 45 lakhs, to help cope with the COVID 19 pandemic.