Harshal Patel became an excellent cricketer due to the help of his coach, Tarak Trivedi, who nurtured and pushed him in his early days. At some point, Patel’s family wanted to move to the USA, but his coach somehow convinced them to stay in India for the sake of Harshal’s career. With intense training and determination, Patel qualified for the U-19, where he played for Gujarat. Below is more on his cricket career and his player profile.
- Name: Harshal Patel
- Age: 30 years
- Place of birth: Sanand, Gujarat
- Date of birth: 23rd November 1990
- Nationality: Indian
- Bowling style: Right-arm fast-medium
- Batting style: Right-handed Bat
- Height: 5ft 9in
- Net Worth: $2million.
- Role: Bowler
- Teams: Royal Challengers Bangalore, Delhi Capitals, Haryana, Gujarat, India A, India B, India, North Zone, India U19, India U23
- In the IPL, Patel has played 63 matches in 28 innings, scoring 187 runs and 139BFs. He also managed to get 11 Not Outs, a strike rate of 134.53, and an average of 11.00.
- For FC, Harshal has played 64 games and 99 innings, scoring 1363 runs and 16 Not Outs. He also managed to get 2738 Bfs, 136 fours with a strike rate of 49.78, and an average of 16.42.
- In T20, Patel played 96 matches, scored 787 runs, and made 3 half-centuries with a best of 82. His average is 17.48.
- Patel has recorded 64 played games in 113 innings in his FC, scoring 5326 runs and catching 10519 balls. His maiden score is 358, he has taken 226 wickets with an economy of 3.03 and an average of 23.56.
- In the IPL, Patel has played 63 games and 61 innings, scoring 1808 runs with 0 maidens. He has taken 78 wickets with a strike rate of 16.20 and his average is at 23.17.
- In the T20s, he has played 96 games, bowled 1952 balls, and taken 98 wickets. His best bowling is 5/27.
In 2010, Patel was lucky to be selected to join the World Cup U-19 squad in New Zealand. He made his debut against Delhi in domestic cricket. Later, he managed to get 5 wickets in a match against Bangalore. He did not stop there; he kept pushing and took 8 wickets in his next game against Rajasthan Royals. Patel has not made his ODI and Test debut yet.
In 2010, he was bought by Mumbai Indians but did not manage to play in that year. In 2012, he began his IPL journey with RCB, and later, he was taken by Delhi Capitals. In 2021, he returned to RCB, which turned out to be the best decision he ever made.
- In 2012, he made his IPL debut against Delhi Capitals
- He has a bowling speed of between 132 kph to 115 kph
- RCB bought him in 2021 for 20 lakhs
Although Harshal Patel didn’t have a glamorous start to his career, he has worked hard and rose in rank to play in some of the most sought-after leagues in cricket. His best achievement was during this year’s IPL season, where he picked up the maximum wickets in the tournament to be honored with the Purple Cap.